MAC eye pencil in Coffee review





Price: £14.00
Size: 1.45g

Claims: 'formulated to provide rich, consistent colour using ingredients that have virtually no irritancy potential. They are comfortable to apply and sharpen to a fine point to allow for a precise application. Eye Pencils can be used to create a sharp line or a softer, smoky effect. They are long-lasting and won't cake or streak.'

Packaging: This eyeliner comes in a small cardboard box, which would be ideal if you like to keep your makeup super organised and stack products but I personally just threw it away.

Thoughts: I switched from using black eyeliner to brown quite some time ago now as it doesn't look as harsh and this colour is perfect. It's certainly not a lighter shade of brown - the name suits it perfectly -but it's certainly not too dark either. I use this for my top line and lower lash line and find it glides on easily so there is no need for any pulling or tugging on the delicate eye area. This eyeliner also blends nicely, especially if using your finger - the heat from your skin softens it even more. If you like to wear eyeliner on your waterline, this does last for quite some time but you will need to reapply it as it doesn't stay for hours on end. The price may seem a little more for an eyeliner but they do last for months on end, even with regular use and sharpening.

Pros: Soft and glides on easily.

Formula is available in more shades.

Cons: The softness can cause it to break off easily when sharpening but I can cope with that!

Would I recommend this product?: I would definitely recommend this product, it has fast become my favourite eyeliner.

You can purchase MAC eye pencils from:
www.maccosmetics.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. i've been eye-ing up on this product for ages.. I really want to get this or the teddy liner from mac...
    but because it's so creamy, i'm scared that it may go everywhere on my eyes :/
    love your blog btw!! x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was using teddy before and found that the small shimmery bits in it would end up all under my eyes and even on my cheeks throughout the day so I swapped to this and much prefer it. I don't think you should have a problem with it, I smudge it a bit myself and then it stays put for the whole day :)

      Delete

 

www.3ate4.com