Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Price: £5.50
Size: 4g
Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Mica, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Methicone, Barium Sulfate, Bht, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, FD & C Blue No.1, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Manganese Violet, FD & C Yellow No. 5, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines. Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans.


Claims: “Super long wearing and water resistant, Ink Pot is the ultimate gel eyeliner. The smear and crease proof formula stays on all day, so you can smoulder without smudging.”

Formula: Quite a thick consistency; you need to be careful not to apply too much to the brush otherwise you get little clumps, which makes it harder to apply a smooth line.

Packaging: Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel comes in a small glass tub with a little white cap inside and a screw on lid. I have had this for 9 months now and it is only just starting to dry out a little- given that the packaging states to use within 12 months of opening, I think it has lasted really well.

The eyeliner comes with a really small fine liner brush. I found it too small and I am used to using an angled brush, which this isn’t.

Thoughts: I have the Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel in ‘Dominatrix’, which is black and I think it is the only shade that it is currently available in. As mentioned above, I found the small brush difficult to use and instead I apply the eyeliner using a Mac 266 angled brush and find that it glides on really easily, as long as you are careful not to overload the brush otherwise it has a tendency to go a bit clumpy.

I find this eyeliner to be really opaque, yet if wanted, you can apply less and create a softer look.

It lasts really well, which is great but for me this is sometimes a bit of an annoyance, as I find it quite hard to get off. I remove my eye make up by soaking cotton wool pads in Simple eye make up remover and leaving to soak on my eyes for a few minutes. Usually my make up just glides off, however, with the Sleek gel liner I am usually still left with traces of the liner and find it quite stubborn to remove. I double cleanse after and then go over again with a cotton bud soaked in Simple eye make up remover and this usually does the job. It could be the eye make up remover I use but I have never had this problem with other products before.

Overall, I really like this product as I know that if I do need something long wearing, it really does last all day and is easy to apply.


Pros: Lasts all day and the packaging/consistency means it has not dried out quickly.

Great value for money.

Cons: It can sometimes be a pain to remove.

The eyeliner brush that comes with it is not that great.

Not available in other shades.

Would I recommend this product?: Despite finding it hard to remove at times, I would still recommend this product, as it has lasted a long time without drying out, creates a nice smooth line and is also great value for money.

You can purchase Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel from: Sleek MakeUp

20 comments:

  1. I have tried this and I quite like it but I find it smudges onto my brow bone! I prefer the No7 one which sets really quickly! :) You should try that one!
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have never had a problem with it transferring but I will have a look at the No7 one, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies afterward he must be visit
    this web page and be up to date all the time.


    Visit my website :: solavei

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to grow your knowledge simply keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted here.


    Feel free to visit my web blog: I Knew You Were Trouble (Kim Viera Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist different users like its aided me.

    Good job.

    my homepage The web’s premiere DJ community

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also go to see this blog on regular basis to take updated from latest information.

    my web blog ... Kim Viera - I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor Swift Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web address and thought I may as well
    check things out. I like what I see so i am just following
    you. Look forward to going over your web page again.


    my blog post; solavei cell phone

    ReplyDelete
  8. What i don't understood is in truth how you're not actually much more
    smartly-appreciated than you may be right now. You're so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably with regards to this matter, produced me personally consider it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be interested except it is one thing to
    do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs great.
    At all times deal with it up!

    Have a look at my web-site ... http://jagurkalsel.com/blog/60184/the-online-premiere-disc-jockey-blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's actually good, keep up writing.

    my web page: solavei information

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very nice blog!

    Also visit my website: pure Green Coffee extract Gnc

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read
    this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    Perhaps you can write next articles referring to
    this article. I want to read even more things about it!


    Feel free to surf to my blog ... softwarefornow.info

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon everyday.
    It will always be exciting to read articles from
    other authors and use something from other web sites.


    Here is my homepage sarallabel.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. If some one desires to be updated with hottest technologies therefore he must be visit this website and
    be up to date all the time.

    my web blog ... Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (Kim Viera Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I visited various web sites but the audio feature for audio songs present at this site is truly wonderful.


    Feel free to visit my blog :: Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (Kim Viera Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Attractive component to content. I just stumbled upon your site
    and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact enjoyed
    account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing
    on your augment or even I achievement you access constantly fast.


    my weblog: http://bikersowned.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover
    the same subjects? Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my blog: I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift (Kim Viera Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
    I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

    Also visit my page - solavei

    ReplyDelete
  18. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the net.

    I am going to highly recommend this website!


    my web page - http://50-87-72-80.unifiedlayer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

    Here is my site ... Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (Kim Viera Cover)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a
    enjoyment account it. Glance complicated to more introduced agreeable
    from you! However, how could we communicate?

    Also visit my website :: green coffee bean pills gnc

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com