Burt's Bees Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm review



Price: £5.99
Size: 4.25g
Ingredients: cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

Claims: "With a hint of red, Burt's Bees Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm is specially formulated with soft flower waxes, moisture-rich Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Beeswax. 100% natural Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms will leave your lips feeling smooth and hydrated."

Formula: A soft lip balm that glides on easily to hydrate your lips with the bonus of added colour.

Packaging: The lip balm (average size) comes inside a cardboard tube which reminds me of a lipstick case. I keep my lip balm in the tube as it makes it easy to find in my handbag.

Thoughts: Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia is a dark red with a slight brown tone. I really like that it is soft in cosistency as opposed to a more waxy balm. This means that it glides on easily and gives a more moisturised feel to your lips. To me, Red Dahlia provides a tint that is a 'your lips but better' colour but is also buildable to a darker red if wanted. I don't tend to build it up to a darker red too often as I find it starts to bleed over the edges of my lips. I think that this is due to the softness of the balm and when I do build it up it sometimes looks more of a dark brownish colour than red on me. However, I think this may be down to my fairer complexion and feel that it would probably suit a a darker/olive skin tone more, when built up to the darker red. When worn as a lighter tint, I love that it is so easy to apply without a mirror whilst out and about and also the fact that your lips feel moisturised with the bonus of added colour.

Below (without flash in natural daylight) worn as a lighter tint


Pros: Provides colour to your lips yet is moisturising at the same time.

Cons: It can sometimes get quite soft, particularly in a warm environment, which can make it a little harder to apply without a mirror as it tends to bleed around the edges of lips.

Would I recommend this product?: Yes, I think it provides a great 'your lips but better' colour for an everyday look and is buildable for a stronger look if wanted. It also makes your lips feel moisturised and is quicker to apply than a lipstick if you are out and about all day. It is also great as an alternative to lipstick if you are afraid of wearing stronger colours.


You can purchase Burt's Bees Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm from:
www.boots.com
www.feelunique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.3ate4.com