Jemma Kidd Light As Air Liquid Foundation review




Price: £19.95
Size: 30ml
Ingredients: AQUA, CYCLOMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, ALUMINIUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, ZINC OXIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, SILICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM, SALICYLIC ACID, TETRASODIUM EDTA, FOMES OFFICINALIS, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, MICA, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77007


I know I haven't posted a review in a while but I shall be posting them more regularly again from now on and my sister will also be reviewing some products, too :) but for now, here's my review for my new favourite foundation...

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I got this foundation. I'd seen it used on YouTube many times and read quite a few reviews but it's just not the same as seeing it in person. My first impressions were that it's very runny and water-like and didn't look like it would give me the coverage I tend to prefer at all. When I first applied it, I thought it was a little dark (I purchased the lightest shade - 01 Ultra Light) but once I had blended it into my neck and it had settled into my skin more, it was fine. It is quite yellow based, though so I would recommend going a shade lighter than usual anyway. To begin with, I wasn't all that keen on how little coverage it gave me but it's easy to build layers without it looking cakey at all so this is what I did for some time....

Now I've been using it for a couple of months, I've found that I'm a lot happier to just simply apply the one layer and use concealer if I need extra coverage anywhere else. Although your skin still looks natural when you build up more layers, it definitely looks very natural with just the one, in fact, it doesn't look like you're wearing foundation at all and I never thought I would be able to say that about a foundation whilst being happy with the appearance of my skin. I mainly apply it with my Mac 187 brush, although it's one of the first foundations that I've been happy with the results when applying with my fingers.

The description for the foundation is that it's 'Formulated with a highly blendable, lightweight texture it has silicone coated pigments for a velvet feel and soft focus finish. Skin balancing ingredients help keep the skin perfectly matte for an even, shine free complexion whilst unique long-wear technology gives all day staying powder. Added SPF18 protects skin against daily UV exposure.'

I have extremely oily skin around my nose and visible pores and other foundations haven't even lasted an hour (not to mention enhancing the appearance of my pores) however, because this blends in to the skin so well, you wouldn't even know it was there and my skin still looks even all over 12+ hours later without any touch ups. I would like to try this with some translucent powder just to see if it would make any difference at all but so far, I've not felt the need to use powder at all, which I'm pretty amazed by. I would say it gives you a nice dewy look but I'm not sure that's the correct word, it really does just look like your own skin but better!

I had always imagined that when I found THE foundation for me, that I would be a lot more excited about it and know straight away. Even though this took some getting used to at first, I think it's safe to say that I've finally found my 'holy grail' foundation and now I really am excited about it. I'm also really happy that it costs just under £20, unlike some foundations I have tried at almost double the price.

I really recommend this foundation for all skin types. I do get a few dry patches here and there from time to time and it doesn't give that horrible flakey appearance as it's very moisturising.

I remember the Jemma Kidd range used to be available in Boots but I haven't seen it in there for a while now so I'm not sure if it is at all anymore but I got mine from www.beautybay.com with free delivery and it arrived super fast. Of course, you can always purchase it from www.jemmakidd.com, too.

If you've tried it or do get the chance to try it, let me know what you think!




Personal blog

10 comments:

  1. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!
    Makeup Mirror with Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that your review sealed the deal in me getting the Jemma Kidd foundation and I'm thrilled that I got it! I think I've found my holy grail foundation too.. so thank you very much for your amazing review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Glad you've found your holy grail foundation too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review, I've heard so many incredible things about this foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear, are you actually visiting this website on a regular basis, if so afterward
    you will absolutely get good experience.

    Feel free to visit my webpage; bothlike

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    My website ... laptops under 300 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, thus he/she wants to be available that in detail, so that
    thing is maintained over here.

    Here is my page - cheap computer desks

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com