Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask review



Price: £6.45
Size: 75g
Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050, *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This is the only Lush face mask I have tried and I'm so happy with it that I don't feel the need to try any others. It keeps my skin clear and looking incredibly smooth.

Lush say "This classic mask was created for those who think that the world is ending when they get a spot. The antioxidant blueberries, cleansing talc and soothing calamine stops spots before they become a problem. Calamine powder reduces the redness of growing spots."

It really does just that. If I have any redness before I put it on, it's either gone once I take the mask off or the redness has reduced a lot. In my opinion it smells great but I know some people don't like the smell. I can't really describe it but it does contain blueberries and reminds me of yogurt.

I have purchased this mask from various Lush stores as well as online and each time, the consistency differs. Sometimes it has been quite runny when I've first opened it and has a layer of water like product at the top but other times not at all. However, it does always have a mid to thick consistency and should never be entirely runny. Some stores tend to blend the blueberries in entirely and others leave them whole. I prefer it when they are blended as it makes it a lot easier to apply. I also leave it on for 15-20 minutes, which is longer than recommended.

Lush advise to:

1. Put your mask on when your face is clean and don’t get it too near your eyes.

2. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes.

3. Rinse off with warm water. You can usually get 3-4 uses per pot - just make sure you keep them in the fridge.

Some people may think it's a bit pricey for the amount of uses you will get out of it but I find I get a lot more uses out of it than stated when using it about twice a week and also applying a generous amount. I have heard some people freeze it but I don't feel the need to. It comes with a sticker on the bottom that will tell you when you should use it by. I find there is just the right amount in the pot to use it all up on time.

I recommend this for all skin types as it always leaves my skin feeling super soft and clears it up if I have any blemishes.


Personal blog

12 comments:

  1. I do like lush masks! My irk with them is that they expire very quickly .. And being expensive outside uk >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this! I've never tried a Lush mask; we can't buy them online here in the US, only in Lush stores, and I don't make it into the stores very often. I do love their skincare stuff, though ... thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this, it sounds wonderful. :D But yeah, I do agree with Nic Nic; LUSH products do tend to expire quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mask of magnaminty which has a 3 month shelf life (: I'm always afraid of buying those fresh masks because I live in Portugal and the shipping can take up to a week \:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured that the price is worth it since it lasts a good amount of time to me but then I guess I'm not having to get it shipped or anything and if I were to buy a mask in a packet every week, the price would work out the same in the end.

    Really worth trying if you haven't, you can even get a free one after saving about 5 of the pots I think it is.

    I shall have to try the magnaminty one at some point Marisa! Hopefully they'll open a store near you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... you know that looks really delicious.. like something you could eat :) It looks like a mix of blueberries and whipped cream :D
    I wish we had lush here where I live but we dont.. Im happy it works for you tho hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love lush!!




    http://sweetlittleconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your blog, ive just followed (:
    xxx

    glittersoldseparately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog
    <3 <3
    verena



    http://kirschkern-productions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. im gonna get this when i hit to lush shop :) i love their products

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review :) Thanks for the info on this mask. I never tried this one but sounds like it might be worth it
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com