Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo review



Price: £5.49
Size: 250ml

I'm sure if you have blonde hair or have ever dyed your hair blonde before; you will know that it becomes very brassy and yellow looking quite quickly. To help maintain that lovely new colour and to keep the yellowness at bay, you're going to want to use a toning shampoo. One I have used regularly is Lee Stafford's Bleach Blonde Shampoo.

Lee Stafford's Bleach Blonde Shampoo is designed to "lightly tone bleached hair, knocking out brassy canary yellow tones and refreshing and restoring it back to salon beautiful colour."

One thing I love about Lee Stafford's products is the scent. This smells just like his other hair products and of course, the perfume that you can purchase, too.

This shampoo isn't designed to be used every day. I use it once a week just to lift the colour and tone it. You don't want to leave it on any longer than 5 minutes either, as you will end up with purple tinted hair (the shampoo itself is purple). Leaving it for a few minutes allows the shampoo to work properly and I certainly notice a difference once I've rinsed it off.

I've used this shampoo for over a year and never had any problems with it to begin with. However, a few months ago I noticed that my hair felt like it had some residue constantly left on it, particularly at the crown. No matter how much I washed my hair or used different shampoos to get rid of it, it still looked like my hair needed washing badly and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. After about a month of despairing over my hair, I finally managed to get it back to normal, only to use this about a week later for it to all start over again. I came to the conclusion that it was this shampoo that was causing a sticky residue to be left on my hair. I always spend a lot of time washing it out and I'd never had any problems with it up until that point so I'm not sure what caused it to start doing this. I then only began to use it on the lengths of my hair instead and the problem went away again. I wasn't too pleased with this as I still want to get rid of the yellow tones near my roots, too but the product works well enough elsewhere so I've continued to use it still but I would advise anyone else who may use it to be careful or to only apply to the lengths of your hair.

You do get a lot of product for your money. Considering you only need to use it once a week, it lasts months and months as the tube is very large.

The only other downside to this is that it doesn't work up much of a lather but other than that, it works great at toning your hair and keeping any yellowness at bay. Despite the problems I've had with it, I still recommend this as it's great value for money.


Personal blog

23 comments:

  1. Too bad I'm a brunette LOL!
    great review XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just had my hair done a little lighter this time!
    i used to use the wella system professional silver saver shampoo (i used this before i coloured to make it shinier but its designed for blondes) and it never gave me product buildup, ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm always looking for purple shampoos..even when we have natural blonde hair, it still gets brassy and yellowish sometimes, it's weird :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I shall switch to the wella one then, Emma. At least I would be able to use it all over with no product buildup!

    It does, must be the general environmental & product buildup it has to face from day to day. It can be very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they sell any hair color for brunettes too? :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey wanna let u know that WM Style shop is currently have an online shoe sale!! go take a look over my blog or WM Style facebook page for crazy sale prices!

    http://www.facebook.com/wmstyle

    Follow WM Style on FB and the blog for the latest updates on products!

    much love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they do have some products for brunettes actually, I think the range is called 'Blinding Brunette'. Worth a try even if it's just for the great smell, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive just bumped in to your blog and i'mso glad i did! I love your articels and your reviews are great! Im your newest follower:) hope you visit and follow me back!
    lots of love,
    from belgium,
    FASHIONFABRICE

    ReplyDelete
  9. wn u dye air blond it yellow nd orang will t sampoo take it out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes it will help tone it down a lot but if it's really bad, it won't get rid of it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will itr make my hair a bit lighter? I'm trying to reach white blonde....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something you should use if you're trying to reach white blonde. Obviously it's not a dye but it will certainly help to make it appear whiter.

      Delete
  12. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the rest of the site is also very good.



    Feel free to visit my website - organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sixty day complimentary trial present is a terrific selection,
    in the case of the flex waistband.

    My web page :: www.awebcafe.Com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I comment when Ι appreciate a article on a blog οr if I have something to
    valuable to contribute to the converѕation. It’s triggеred by the sinceгness communicatеd in
    the post I brοwsed. And after this article Queеn Of Chаrms

    Here іs my web-site: organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hеllo! I ѕimρly ωish to give
    уou a bіg thumbs up for the great infοгmаtion you have gοt right here on thіs
    poѕt. I will be coming back to your web site for more sоon.



    Ηеre iѕ my ωeb blog .
    .. greenhouse supplies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waу cool! Some eхtrеmely valіԁ pοints!
    I apprеciate you writіng thiѕ wгite-uρ аnd alsο the rest of the site іs really gooԁ.



    Μy web ѕitе core training exercises

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heyа i am for thе primary time heгe. I came aсгoss this board аnd I in finding ӏt truly hеlρful & it helped me out
    а lot. Ӏ hopе to рresent sοmething again and helρ others
    like you аіded mе.

    Feel frеe tο surf to my web site ... losing weight afteг 50
    (wiki.bretagneromantique.fr)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your web
    site in web explorer, would check this? IE nonetheless is the
    market leader and a huge element of people will omit your fantastic writing due
    to this problem.

    my webpage garden - -

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, I appreciate it!

    Also visit my web site ... what is going green

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aftеr looκing оver a numbеr of the blog
    articles on yоur blog, I seгіouslу аppreciate your teсhnique of blogging.
    I ѕaνed it to my boοkmark website list
    and will be checking back soon. Ρlеase check out my web
    sitе as well аnd tell me how you feel.

    Fееl fгee to surf to my web blog - losing weight

    ReplyDelete
  21. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my website: gardening tips

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ι trulу love your ωebѕite.
    . Very niсe соloгѕ & theme.
    Did you make this amazing ѕitе уourself?

    Please replу baсk as I’m wanting to crеate
    mу own wеbsite and would lovе tο learn wheгe you got this frοm or whаt the thеme is callеԁ.
    Κudos!

    my web ѕite: core training exercise

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com