Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter review



Price: £4.49
Size: 250ml
Ingredients: Water (aqua), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Palmitate Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Lanolin Alchohol, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cocao (cocoa) seed butter, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter), Stearic Acid, Bentonite, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Cetyl Alchohol, Stearyl Alchohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soluble Collagen, Microcristallina Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Hydrolized Elastin, Disodiom EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I was about to purchase my usual Palmers Cocoa Butter when I saw this Firming version. I thought I would try this instead since I love the scent of their normal Cocoa Butter and the firming aspect was a bonus. I usually smell any body lotion before purchasing as I don't want to be paying money for something I don't particularly like. However, this has a pump top and I couldn't this time but since it was Palmers Cocoa Butter, I trusted it would smell good. How wrong could I have been? When I went to apply this, I couldn't believe how horrible the scent was. I was at least expecting some hint of the usual lovely cocoa butter but there was none whatsoever. Instead, all I could smell was a very strong and strange plastic like scent. I could even still smell it for quite a while after applying it.

I had been put off by the smell of this firming butter and didn't use it very often to begin with. I also hadn't noticed any difference in the firmness of my skin so I wasn't very impressed with it at all. After a while, I decided to give it another go. If I was to see if it really did firm my skin then I had to test it regularly for a good length of time. So, for the past couple of months I have been applying this lotion every day and putting up with the scent. I don't seem to notice it so much now and I can actually say that my skin does feel firmer and more toned. Obviously I wouldn't recommend relying on this to tone yourself up but I feel it certainly has helped. My skin feels a lot smoother and firmer in general and I would hope so too since it has been clinically proven to help increase skin’s firmness in 6weeks.

What has to be said about the product: "This unique formula is specifically designed to reduce your body to its natural, original firmness anytime, even after pregnancy or weight loss. The unique combination of Cocoa Butter, Collagen, Elastin, and Shea Butter firms and tones while improving skin elasticity and texture. In addition Ginseng and Vitamin E help nourish and rejuvenate tired skin. Co Enzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that stimulates skin cells to tone and smooth the skin."

I'm glad I gave this another chance as not only is it good in general but would be great after pregnancy or weight loss, too. Having said that, I'm still not fond of the smell. I would definitely purchase this again but I will be trying other firming lotions that have a nicer scent, first.


Personal blog

22 comments:

  1. I sometimes give up on products too quicky too but this sounds great. Good review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good value.. my sister likes using this.. but i think the smell is rather strong though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this stuff.i actually really like the smell. xox

    http://veryrandomrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried this a few times- far to greasy for my skin if im honest- but my Mum loves the stuff, so guess its each to there own. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think about it's value for what it actually does so considering it works, it's great!

    Steph, I think you're crazy! haha or perhaps I got a funny smelling bottle?

    I haven't found this greasy at all but probably because my skin gets quite dry anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm in the minority but I absolutely hate the small of Palmers cocoa butter :3 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use their products sometimes, but the smell puts me off if I use it too much \:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might try this only because who doesn't want firmer skin?
    great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love Palmers products ! :D Palmers have been fave for years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would absolutely love to have the opportunity to try this! I am afraid Palmers products cannot be found here...
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of my friends are using cocoa butter for removing stretch marks. Usually, if I go to the mall with them, they buy cocoa butter. Maybe they're familiar about this product. According to them, cocoa butter truly reduces stretch marks on their tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Call me weird, but I actually love the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  13. been using this products since am noticed i was my developing chicken wings and so far am very impressed!! not bothered about the smell 2b....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. everyone tells me i smell like warm cookies..lol i looove it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this web site presents quality depending articles
    and other stuff, is there any other website which gives these data in
    quality?

    My blog post ... http://sp2wiki.netzschreiberling.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, yeah this piece of writing is truly pleasant and I have
    learned lot of things from it regarding blogging.
    thanks.

    Feel free to visit my blog post nexusdb.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I
    have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!

    my web page stretch mark creams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your website is very helpful.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Take a look at my homepage ... mouse click the next page

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's an amazing post designed for all the online viewers; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... inclusion.cc

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent pieces. Keep writing such kind of info
    on your page. Im really impressed by your site.

    Hi there, You've performed an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and individually recommend to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.




    http://www.winetelligence.co.za/gallery/?level=picture&id=36

    my web page Hydrellatone review

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com