Nivea Lip Care Essential review



Price: £1.35
Size: 4.8g
Ingredients: Cera Microcristallina, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Ricinus Communis, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Cera Carnauba, Butyrospermum parkii, Buxus Chinensis, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cera Alba, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance).

I have somewhat of an obsession with buying lip balms. Usually I go for ones with a tint to them as I like a little colour on my lips but this happens to be one of the few I have that are clear. Since I have so many, I was rather surprised when I went to apply this and found I had almost used it all up. It did last me a very long time, though and I got a lot of applications from this.

This is like any other plain lip balm in a stick, yet, it has that lovely Nivea scent to it and is very moisturising. However, you don't want to apply to much otherwise you will be left with a white tint to your lips.

Nivea say "The moisturising formula of NIVEA Essential Care enriched with, precious Jojoba Oil and natural Shea Butter, cares for your lips whilst helping to prevent moisture loss, leaving them soft and smooth. Provides long lasting moisturising care. Effectively helps protect your lips from drying out."

I have applied this when I have had very dry lips and they are back to normal within a day. I think this lip balm is great during winter months but the only downside is that it doesn't contain any SPF, which I would prefer but the moisturising aspects of this outweigh that and I think it's a handy little balm to have around.


Personal blog

13 comments:

  1. I used to have this - I loved the smell of it and found it very moisturising :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came very close to finishing this, but then I lost it! Don't you hate when that happens? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also used to have this and loved it. A beautiful simple product. :)

    www.awaywiththefairiesx.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one, too but I like more the Nivea Hydro Care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with lip balms, can't even telll you how many I own. I have Nivea Kiss of Moisture and it is definitely the most used of all of them. Nivea does have a great live of Lip Care stuff...they have a few new ones too that I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey great review! I just love Nivea products...Haven't tried this balm as yet.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This balm is amazing.. I have used in the past even on dry flaky spots on my face in an emergency & it worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like I shall have to try some of their other lip balms out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to buy Nivea lipbalms, but then I found the Lybsyl one and I was lost in that :)
    It is soo amazing and it makes sore lips heal in just a few minutes.. and the scent :D wow

    Sorry I havent been checking out your blog lately, uni is taking a lot of my time lately :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here in Portugal everyone has a Nivea lipbalm in their purse, car, house etc! It's the best seller in lip balms since I was a little girl, they are my favorite too! They have one with spf and another with a tint of color you should try them (:

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com