Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Mascara review



Price: £4.99
Size: 9ml
Ingredients: Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, PVP, Cera Microcristallina, Cetearyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera, Talc, Triethanolamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Acacia Senegal, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben Isobutylparaben, Various Colours.

I came across this mascara when my Diorshow mascara ran out on me unexpectedly. Since I couldn’t get anywhere to purchase the Diorshow at that moment in time, I was on the lookout for the next best thing and I have to say, I found it. This Mascara is a good dupe for the Diorshow mascara; it’s almost the same in my opinion, apart from the brush is slightly thicker.

Below is what it looks like on my lashes.


I tend not to count how many coats of mascara I apply, I just stop when I’m happy with it but you really don’t need to apply much of this for the effects to show. You can either create very natural looking lashes or build it up for a more dramatic effect.

Collection 2000 claim the product is an “Ultra volumising mascara for high drama, full on false lash effect. Super - sized lash building brush. Lightweight formulation thickens and separates lashes.”
I couldn’t argue with that. For me, it has done exactly that.

The only bad point I found with this is that it tends to crumble towards the end of the day and I am left with little black bits of mascara around my eyes. I’m not entirely sure if this is due to the fact that I curl my lashes again before leaving the house, whilst wearing the mascara (it probably doesn’t help) but I would repurchase this again, despite that.

For anyone wanting to try the Diorshow without the high price tag, then this could be the mascara for you.


Personal blog

15 comments:

  1. I'm not Collection 2000's biggest fan but this post has swayed me a bit. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lashes look gorgeous. Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all.. that mascara tube is really beautiful.. I would buy it just for that..:D
    Second of all.. damn girl.. youve got really beautiful lashes :D
    Third of all.. great review :)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mascara's just about to run out, think I'm gonna try this next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try Diorshow so might give this a go X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lashes look fab - voluminous but still feathery and soft. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bit about the crumbling sucks but my ysl faux cils does that and thats a higher priced one grr! i tagged you in a "fun facts" post on my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the waterproof version of it and love it. I think I have been buying it for about a year now, swapping between this and more expensive mascaras, and it really gives them the run for their money. Also, it really is waterproof but doesn't crumble or dry out too quickly, and is easy to remove with most of my eye makeup removers... big thumbs up! :)

    Btw, thank you for a comment on my blog - as you can see I am following you now, I can't believe I've never come across your blog before! Keep up the good work :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely worth trying! Even if you don't like it as much as me, it's not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tried this too, its good but makes my eyes itchy! So im going to stick to my diorshow!
    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds very interesting, thank you so much for the review! :) I love big, fat mascara brushes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ur lashes look fab,I think I need to pop into Boots/Superdrug& give this a try hun,thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really? This cheap mascara is like Dior? OMG even if it crumbles, I so need to try it!

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com