Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening System review



Price: £10.99
Pre-Whitening Rinse
Size: 118ml
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Benzoate, Flavor, Sodium Saccharin, Methyl Salicylate, Citric acid, Blue 1. 5 Minute Speed Whitening

Plus White Speed Whitening Gel
Size: 85g
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

(Since I'm in the UK and this is a US product, I purchased this from ebay so the price may vary slightly.)

Before

Day 4

Day 7

Day 11

All the images were taken using the same setting (no flash), same location and around the same time of day to show the results more accurately.

Previously I had only ever used Crest White Strips to whiten my teeth and although they work great, they leave me in agony with my teeth when I use them so I decided to try the Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening System instead.

The kit includes a mouth tray, Pre-Whitening Rinse and Whitening Gel.

You are directed to:

1. Mix one teaspoon of the concentrated Pre-Whitening Rinse with three teaspoons of lukewarm water. Swish in mouth for 2-3 seconds and rinse out.

2. Squeeze a small, continuous line of Plus White Speed Whitening Gel into the mouth tray.

3. Carefully insert tray into your mouth, positioning it over your teeth. Bite down very gently. Very little pressure is required to achieve maximum results. Wipe off any excess gel.

4. Leave in for 5 minutes for regular whitening. For badly stained or yellow teeth, allow 10-15 minutes.

5. Remove tray and rinse mouth several times with lukewarm water, thoroughly flushing any remaining gel from mouth and gum area. Do not swallow gel. Rinse tray thoroughly in lukewarm water and air dry.

Here is what the tray looks like with the gel in the top half.



You can fill both sides of the tray if you want to whiten top and bottom teeth, just one side or just the front teeth by only filling the front section of the tray. I did both top and bottom but I found that when trying to fill the bottom part of the tray by tipping it upside down, the gel in the top half started to fall out slightly so it's best to tip the tray on its side and try and fill the other side that way instead.

Before putting the tray in your mouth, you need to use the Pre-Whitening Rinse mixed with the correct amount of water. I just used the lid from the rinse for this and guessed the amounts.
The gel does have quite an odd taste, it's not something I looked forward to doing every day and it took me a few minutes to get rid of all the gel from my mouth afterwards but it was worth it. At times, the gel did bleach my gums a little but they were back to normal within 5 minutes so it's nothing to worry about. I also left it in for 20 minutes, which is a little longer than suggested but I have read about people leaving it in for a lot longer, too.

I don't usually have sensitive teeth but when it comes to whitening them, it seems I do. I was left nowhere near as uncomfortable as I was when I used the Crest White Strips but it did give me a little toothache. I wasn't able to turn my electric toothbrush on at night as it just made them feel worse but by the morning, they were back to normal until I did it again.

The box states "For Best Results: Use twice daily for two weeks. Results will start to work beginning with the very first application. After the second week, taper off to one or two applications per week, or as needed."
I planned to use this once a day for 2 weeks. However, after using it on the eleventh day, all the gel had gone. I really don't know how there would be enough gel in the kit to manage to do it top and bottom, twice a day, for two weeks and I don't think many people would actually have the time to use it in the morning. Of course you could just leave it in extra long at night but then they would just state to use it once a day for longer on the box, or you could use it twice in one night but that would be pretty annoying and either way, you wouldn't have enough gel to last two weeks.

I really wanted to use the kit for 14 consecutive days but on day 7 of using it, I had somehow managed to get a small cut on my gum. I knew I shouldn't have used it that day but went ahead anyway. I had to take it out after 6 minutes because it started to sting the cut too much. I then had to wait 3 days until it had gone. The images are counted on the days of actually using the product, so the 3 days I couldn't use it aren't included.

I think you can buy a tube of the gel on its own so you don't need to buy a whole new kit every time as you already have the tray and this is how much of the rinse I have left, so you wouldn't need more of that either.



Although it did hurt my teeth a little, I will be buying this product again as it definitely does work and would really recommend it to others.


Personal blog

28 comments:

  1. I've been using a whitening kit i got from boots and it tastes horrid!
    This looks like better quality. Do you have a seller on ebay you'd recommend using to purchase?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you can really see a difference! I'm kinda scared of whitening products. I had Crest whitestrips but hated using them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't taste too great either but it's bearable. The sellers name I got mine from is 30v6. :)

    I hated the Crest strips, too. This is a lot easier to use, even if you do have to do a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah the difference between day 4 and day 7 is huge! im tempted :)

    if you wanna try a tooth whitener that doesn't hurt you should try boots expert whitening toothpaste, i love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used this before and it really does work! I don't think it tastes half as bad as crest whitestrips though. lol That stuff tastes nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. It really works well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great different :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really curious about this!
    i was planning on buying the crest strips but i might try this instead...
    great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really would recommend this over the Crest Strips any day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i need this ! ,,, am obsessed with white teeth !
    need to order it online tho ,,, cant find it anywhere in uae =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the results, this sounds like a great product!! thanks for the review.. is it available in the UK in chemists?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i just read it's from the US. it's too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, the results are just great :O
    I'm wondering about purchase that at e-bay, like you did (;

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like it really works!!

    ps im your newest follower!!

    please check out and follow me too :)

    amanda

    http://beautysecretsyouneed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you've gotten great results! Ive been using it as well but not like Im suppose to , so my results so far are very mild. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I couldn't finish my box of crest white strips, because they hurt my teeth so badly. I definitely want to try these now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm amazed!!! I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome review! So detailed, I appreciate your help! I can't wait to try out the system. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did they deliver to the UK? The closest one I've found with the ebay seller says it delievers to Ireland and not UK? HELP?!:-)
    Kayla x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, they did deliver to the UK. I think you're looking at the seller I got mine from, 30v6? perhaps they mean the furthest they will post is Ireland but I'd message them and see if they will post to you, they should be able to since I got mine from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow this is amazing!!!!! i love white teeth so much !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great product! It is really hard to trust on some products but this look pretty good, since you have tried it. And the results are awesome too.
    My sister is looking for a better product than what she is using today to whiten her teeth. She had braces (Tucson) before and now she is indeed obsessed in making her smile perfect. She wants to do it with her Tucson dentist, since she is very much comfortable with her dentists for ten years. But now that she is about to move out of city she thought of doing it by herself guided by her dentists of course.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! That looks great! I'll buy this now, too :) I have here a Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening System from ebay:

    http://cgi.ebay.de/Plus-White-5-MINUTE-Speed-Whitening-System-SET-NEU-USA-/200564800466?pt=Zahnpflege&hash=item2eb297fbd2

    ReplyDelete
  24. The photos show how effective the product is. But we should better be careful in choosing a teeth whitening product. We should make sure that it will not do harm on your teeth and gums. Our teeth tend to be very sensitive when whiteners are applied and gums sometimes recede as they get irritated. We should know the boundaries of applying them in order to maintain wellness and keep our healthy smiles. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. An acupuncturist should warn the patient that this could
    happen and instruct them to breathe deeply into the area for
    a few minutes until the discomfort dissipates.
    Purchasing enough for your home could replace your
    old and broken down furnace quickly and for far less.
    We went through two space heaters before purchasing the Lasko 758000 Ceramic Heater.


    Review my website foro.ojorebelde.com
    My website :: dbchase.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dumbbells are a great way to lose weight and get your body in shape.
    Myth 1: One needs a good exercise to get 'lower abs'. In a
    half squatting position your torso is as vertical
    as possible.

    My page: nuwiki.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. My spousе anԁ I stumbled оver here by а different
    web page and thought I should сheck things out.
    I like whаt I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

    Also visit my web site party pills cheap

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future
    and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or
    tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read even more things about it!


    my page :: herbal party pills

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com