Palmers Bronzing Gradual Tan review



Price: £4.99
Size: 250ml
Ingredients: aqua, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, glycerin, cocoa seed butter, steryl stearate, PEG 100 stearate, propylene glycol, bentonite, lanolin alcohol, fragrance, erythrulose, tocopheryl acetate, diazolindinyl urea, steryl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, methylparaben, citric acid, propylparaben, disodium EDTA, dihydroxyacetone, benzyl alcohol, yellow 5, orange 4

Although called a gradual tanner, it does say 'The instant bronzer provides immediate colour and uniform application.' Once applied, I did notice the colour develop within half an hour and applied another application in the same day, leaving me with a nice, natural looking tan. I think this would be great if you decided you wanted a night out and needed a quick tan without much effort because one quick application in the morning and one more before going out in the evening would give the desired effect without taking up much time at all.
Like most Palmer's products, this also has that familiar chocolatey smell to it, although after a while, I did notice a hint of the usual 'biscuity' smell you find with most tanning products.
This product has a pump-top nozzle and has the same consistency as the normal Palmers body butter. It's quite thick, yet still absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all.
The colour lasts well even after showering but although applying evenly and exfoliating prior to use, I did find a few unwanted dark spots develop in places, so you do need to be careful if applying every day. Also, although washing my hands thoroughly after each application, I still find the palms of my hands looking slightly orange and wouldn't really recommend using it all over ever day, as it does tend to look a bit too orange after a few applications.
I will be using this to top up my fake tan every other day or so. I feel it's a great product and love the colour it gives when not used too often and it also contains sunscreen, which is always good.


Personal blog

6 comments:

  1. I rerally like this self tan aswell, it's my HG product i would say for everyday colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know palmer's made fake tan but I definitely want to try it now, I absolutely adore the cocoa scent :) Thanks for reviewing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this and i think it gives gorgeous even coverage if you blend it in well enough:) following <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall have to keep trying then! although I am really careful when I apply it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great stuff :) I do find myself applying it up to 3 times in a day to get the desired tan I want, but no funny streaks or spots yet :)

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com