Makeup Forever HD Foundation review



Price: £27
Size: 30ml
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, Talc, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Parfum (fragrance), Methylisothizolinone, Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (fagus sylvatica bud extract), Silver oxide

Makeup Forever HD Foundation comes in 25 shades, so there are plenty to choose from and you're bound to find one that suits your skintone. It was originally designed for actors behind high definition cameras to give perfect looking skin when close-up.
I ordered mine from a UK website as I wanted it asap but it didn't quite turn out as planned as it had to be signed for and I wasn't in, although when I did finally get it, I wasn't dissapointed, so it was worth the wait. Since I ordered it offline, I couldn't get colour matched but I was pretty sure that my usual shade in most foundations would suit me fine and I got Colour 115 - Ivory.
If I had seen it in person first, I would have gone for the next shade down as this shade is slightly too yellow for me and didn't blend in with my neck too well but I was happy enough to work with it a bit more and continue wearing it.
When I first put it on, I was surprised how sheer the coverage was but this is probably because previous foundations I have used have given a lot more coverage and after going over my face a second time, I found I was happy with it. You can't tell you have any makeup on, it really does look like your skin before applying anything to it and it's very moisturising. I did find it got quite shiny in any oily areas as the day went on (even though it's oil free) , even with powder over it but it didn't emphasise any dry areas which i've had trouble with when using other foundations.
I've only ever applied it with my MAC 187 as I love the finish it gives so i'm not sure how well it looks when applied with other brushes. The only downside apart from the colour being slightly too dark for me, is that it tends to emphasise the pores around my nose.
When I first purchased this, I thought I had found 'the one' but when it ran out after about 5 months of using it, I found myself searching for something else as I still wasn't 100% happy with it and at £27, I felt there were other foundations out there around the same price that were worth trying.
If you tend to have clear skin and not so obvious pores, then this would be a great foundation for you but if you have a lot of redness or skin problems, then I think something with a bit more coverage would be better.
I wouldn't say no to purchasing again but for now, i'm happy experimenting with other foundations.

What it looks like on.



Personal blog

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I coulԁ hаve sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyωays, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll
    be bookmaгkіng and cheсκing back oftеn!



    Here is my page: sound system hum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you could be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and
    will eventually come back someday. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!


    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: cheap infrared camera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Ӏ'm really digging the template/theme of this site. It's simρlе, yet еffеctivе.
    A lot of tіmes іt's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say that you'vе done а fantastiс job
    with thіѕ. Also, the blog lοads extremely quick for
    me οn Operа. Supeгb Blog!



    Alѕo ѵiѕit my ωeb sitе .
    .. best surveillance systems

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com